Tudor House \\ progress
It's been a long four months since we closed on the Tudor house. We are finally getting somewhere so I wanted to share what we have been up to and a breakdown of the costs so far + a big change of plans.
We closed on the house in August and began demo right away. Craigslist saved us again helping us find a demo crew. We hired these three men who live in a van with their cat, Poop. They were rough and tough and were really into demolition. We fully gutted every inch of the house down to the studs and tore off the back porch to rebuild it into added square footage for a laundry room. The back yard had a carriage house infested with rats and someone from CL came and tore the whole thing down for free to be able to keep the wood!
What we have spent so far…
We bought the house for $95,000
We have new electrical & plumbing through out the whole house- $6700 + $4000
Exterior paint and roof- $4200 + $6700
Removed several trees, stumps and shrubs, installed sprinklers, leveled both yards and landscaped the front- $6000
Poured a sidewalk and front porch- $1600
Framing- we opened rooms up and framed in lots of niches, I might have a niche problem and the sheet rockers hate me.
New windows/doors for garage & house- $4500
Insulated and ran new ducting for the HVAC throughout- $1800 + $2000
Sheetrock is going in as I type and then we will paint. Paint day! My favorite! Sheetrock & mud -$4700
For so long it's felt like we were not making much progress, but this week feels so different and like we are finally getting somewhere and seeing change. Also, bye bye to all our money.